CML - Radio Frequency - CMX994
The CMX994/CMX994A/CMX994E is a family of direct conversion receiver ICs with PowerTrade™, the ability to dynamically select power vs. performance modes to optimise operating trade-offs.
The CMX994/A/E offer exceptional blocking performance, typical values are in the range 98dB to 102dB depending on the measurement method.
All three devices include a broadband LNA with gain control followed by a high dynamic range, very high IIP2, I/Q demodulator. The receiver baseband section includes amplifiers and precise, configurable bandwidth, baseband filter stages. LO generation is provided by an integer-N PLL and a VCO negative resistance amplifier; an external LO may also be used. LO dividers are provided for flexible multi-band operation. The devices operate from a single 3.3V supply over a temperature range of –40°C to +85°C and are available in a small 40-pin VQFN (Q4) package.
The CMX994A enables a significant reduction in power by allowing LO phase correction to be turned off. A further reduction is made possible by the facility to disable either the I or Q channel. The CMX994E expands on that by adding an enhanced performance mode that features improved intermodulation in the receive path mixers.
Operate from a single 3.3V supply over a temperature range of –40°C to +85°C and are available in a small 40-pin VQFN (Q4) package.
Direct Conversion Receiver Family with PowerTrade™ Flexible Power vs. Performance Modes
- CMX994 - Standard and Low Power Modes
- CMX994A - Standard and Additional Low Power Modes
- CMX994E - Enhanced, Standard and Low Power Modes
- Rx Single Conversion to Zero IF, Near-zero IF or Low IF; Zero IF Eliminates Image Responses
- Very High Mixer IIP2 for Practical Zero IF Receiver
- 100MHz to 1000MHz I/Q Demodulator (CMX994A/E), 100MHz to 940MHz I/Q Demodulator (CMX994), Extended Operation down to 50MHz
- LNA with Gain Control
- Precise Filtering with 1:2:4 Bandwidth Select Control
- Mixer Bandwidth up to 20MHz
- LO synthesiser
- VCO Negative Resistance Amplifier
- Rx LO Divide by 2, 4 or 6 Modes
- Tx LO Output with Divide by 1, 2, 4 or 6 Modes
- Small Size 40-pin VQFN Package
- Analogue/digital Multi-mode Radio
- Software Defined Radio (SDR)
- Data Telemetry Modems
- Satellite Communications
- Constant Envelope and Linear Modulation
- Rx Function Compatible with CMX998
- Cartesian Feedback Loop Transmitter
- Narrowband e.g.: 25kHz, 12.5kHz and 6.25kHz
- Wideband Data e.g. >1MHz Bandwidth
- 3.0 to 3.6 V