CML - Radio Frequency - CMX993
Two separate, high performance, RF quadrature modulator ICs: the standard CMX993 and the wide bandwidth CMX993W product variant.
The CMX993 and CMX993W are integrated, low voltage IQ modulator suitable for use in applications operating from 30MHz to 1000MHz.
The device integrates two matched double-balanced mixers driven from a buffered and quadrature split local oscillator. The LO frequency is divided by either a factor of 2 or 4. The mixers form an I/Q vector modulator with programmable gain stages offering up to 30dB of gain control in 2.5dB steps.
Uncommitted low frequency differential amplifiers are provided for users to configure. This may be used to implement functions such as filtering, differential to single ended signal conversion and level shifting.
A digital control interface, C-BUS, (an SPI™ compatible interface) allows gain control as well as power management of individual internal blocks to optimize system performance.
The C-BUS interface operates from its own supply domain enabling the device to be interfaced to different voltage baseband devices. The CMX993 and CMX993W devices are supplied in an RF optimized VQFN package.
- High Performance (30MHz to 1GHz) RF Modulator
- I/Q Modulator
- Wideband Noise Figure: -148dB/Hz
- Noise Floor: -155dBm/Hz
- Programmable 30dB Output Gain Range
- Output Power: +3dBm (PEP)
- Low LO Drive Requirements: -15dBm
- CMX993W - Wide Bandwidth Version
- (>50MHz I/Q Bandwidth)
- Uncommitted Amplifiers for Filtering and Interfacing
- C-BUS (SPI Compatible) Serial Control/Data Interface
- APCO P25, Wireless Data
- ISM Transmitters
- Digital TV/CATV Modulators
- Wireless LAN, Local Loop
- IF or RF Modulators
- FSK, GMSK, 4-Level FSK, C4FM, QPSK,
- QAM, SSB, OFDM and Multi-carrier Systems
- Software Defined Radio (SDR)
- Satellite Communications
- Cellular Picocell/Nanocell Systems