CML - Radio Frequency - CMX992
The CMX992 is a single-chip, high performance, RF receiver IC for analogue and digital radio systems. It operates from 100MHz to 1GHz and its I/Q architecture supports multiple modulation types and bandwidths with a single radio design.
The CMX992 integrates first mixer, Rx demodulators, IF PLL, and IF VCO subsystems that minimise the external circuits needed to implement a complete receiver. User-selected modes suit different application requirements.
The Rx path includes an integrated 1st Rx mixer having two outputs to support two external 1st IF filter choices, then an integrated 2:1 input mux followed by VGA and wideband signal level measurement functions to support AGC implementation.
The 1st IF signal is then either I/Q demodulated to zero IF or mixed to a low IF output.
The CMX992 provides differential and single-ended Rx output options and differential amplifiers for flexible signal conditioning.The CMX992 includes the core RF and IF functions of a high performance receiver and can be used in a wide range of narrowband and wideband wireless products including multi-mode analogue/digital terminals.
The CMX992 can be used where highly linear modulations are being used, e.g. for applications such as TETRA, where a typical transmitter solution would include the CMX998 Cartesian Feedback Transmitter.
An application note is available below that facilitates operation of the CMX991 RF Quadrature Transceiver below 100MHz.
- High Performance (100MHz to 1GHz) RF Receiver
- RF Mixer with Output Select
- 1st IF Input Select
- 1st IF Variable Gain Amplifier (VGA)
- 1st IF Signal Level Indicator (SLI)
- Two-mode Demodulator
- I/Q Zero IF with Diferential Outputs
- Two Selectable IF Outputs (450kHz or 455kHz)
- IF LO Synthesiser
- IF VCO Negative-Resistance Amplifier
- Analogue, Digital and Multi-mode Radio
- Software Defined Radio (SDR)
- Portable, Mobile and Base Station Terminals
- TETRA and APCO P25: Phase 1 and Phase 2 TDMA
- Automatic Identification System (AIS) Transponders
- Constant Envelope and Linear Modulation
- Compatible with CMX998
- Narrowband Systems: 25kHz, 12.5kHz and 6.25kHz
- Wideband Systems: (eg.EN 302 561)
- APCO Project 25: TIA-102.CAAB, ETSI: EN 300 113, EN 301 166, EN 300 220, TS 102 361 (DMR)
- Satellite Communications