BMD-380 Ultra-small Bluetooth 5.0 module
Measuring only 7.5 x 9.5 mm including the ceramic antenna, it features Bluetooth 5.0 functionality, including long range, higher data rate, and extended advertising. Its long-range protocol makes the BMD-380 highly suitable for implementing communication in harsh radio environments. It also supports IEEE802.15.4 (Thread and Zigbee). All these features make the BMD-380 the right choice for use cases in industrial automation, healthcare, smart cities, smart buildings, and high-end wearables.
Based on a Nordic Semiconductor nRF52840 System on Chip (SoC), the BMD-380 module is ideal if you have limited space to implement your designs, need good radio performance, and want to control the bill of materials for your target device by using the onboard processor as the main system MCU.
First engineering samples will be available in January 2020.
- Ultra-compact full Bluetooth 5, Thread, and Zigbee (IEEE 802.15.4) solution
- Powerful, ultra-efficient 64 MHz 32-bit Arm® Cortex®-M4 with FPU, 1 MB Flash, and 256 kB RAM
- Miniature footprint of 7.5 x 9.5 mm to fit the most compact designs
- Bluetooth 5 long range support (Coded PHY)
- USB 2.0 and built-in DC-DC converter for direct USB / Li-Ion power
- Hardware cryptographic unit for secure boot and over-the-air updates
- Integrated chip antenna