AEC-Q100 DC/DC Converters Allow Migration from 3A to 5A Without PCB Change
Intersil’s new ISL78233/34/35 automotive DC/DC converters step-down 5V rails to POL for GPUs, FPGAs, DSPs and SOCs. The highly efficient devices deliver 3A, 4A and 5A of continuous output current to infotainment head units and Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) employing forward-looking smart cameras to detect and classify objects.
The pin-compatible ISL78233/34/35 ICs allow you to make a simple BOM change and drop in the right device to your PCB to address the varying load requirements of entry-level to luxury car models.
- 2.7V to 5.5V input voltage range; up to 95% efficiency
- 2MHz default switching frequency; adjustable from 500kHz to 4MHz
- 100ns guaranteed phase minimum on time for wide output regulation
- AEC-Q100 qualified for operation from -40°C to +125°C
- Wettable flank QFN package allows optical inspection of solder joints for lower manufacturing cost